4th recipe for #7Recipes7Days – and its super easy and accessible. The hard part is making the pesto, and even that is a case of chucking stuff in a blender! It’s perfect for midweek, as it takes no time at all to throw together, is incredibly nutritious and tastes grand. For those that don’t know, ‘courgetti’ is simply spiralised courgette. You can buy spiralisers quite cheaply, and some shops actually sell pre-spiralised courgette, often called courgetti.
You can find the recipe for my homemade pesto here. Not a lot more to say about this one, here is the recipe.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 tbsp homemade pesto
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 courgettes, spiralized/into courgetti
- Handful of rocket
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- In a large frying pan on a medium-high heat, pour in a small drizzle of olive oil. Place in the courgetti, and stir fry for 2-3 mins.
- Bring a separate frying pan up to a medium heat, and pour in a drizzle of olive oil. Season the salmon fillet well, and place the fillet in, skin side down. Cook for 4-6 minutes. Once the skin is crispy, and the majority of the fillet looks to have turned a lighter shade of pink, squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice, then flip it, and cook on the other side for 30 secs – 1 minute. Remove from the pan, cover with foil, and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Once the courgetti is cooked through, but still has a bite to it, add in the pesto, and a small amount of water to loosen it. Bring the courgetti/pesto mixture up to heat, then remove from the heat. Stir through the handful of rocket.
- Plate up by placing a pile of the courgette ribbons on the plate, then place the salmon fillet on top. Drizzle with olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon, and serve with crusty bread.
Hope you like this one. Its one of the most simple and healthy recipes I’ve done, so it’s great for beginners. If you know someone who is looking for healthy recipes to make this January, or is learning to cook, I’d love for you to share this recipe with them, and get them to check out my instagram account, @OTCooks_Eats. If you do give this recipe a try, then please tag me in a picture of it on Instagram.
Lots of love,