This is such a good winter warmer – very simple to make, and surprisingly tasty given how few ingredients and little effort it takes. The orzo turns this from a broth into a proper meal, and the Parmesan over the top completes the dish.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 4 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans white cannellini beans
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 packet kale, washed, thick stems removed
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 900ml chicken stock
- 900ml water
- 100g grated parmesan to serve
- Add celery, garlic, onion, a glug of oil and a pinch of salt to a large saucepan on a medium heat, and cook for 5 mins until tender.
- Add beans, orzo, kale, rosemary, stock and water, and bring to the boil.
- Cover with lid, and simmer for 4-5 mins until pasta and kale are tender. Season well, to taste.
- Grate over Parmesan and serve.
Would love for you to give this one a go – its so simple, cheap and makes a lot for leftovers. If you do, make sure you tag me in a picture of it on Instagram (@OTCooks_Eats). If you have any requests for recipes, give me a message on here or Instagram, and I’ll do my best.