I have to confess, this is my sister’s recipe, which I am shamelessly copying. With the disclaimer out of the way, this is a great recipe to cook either at the weekend or even during the week, as it doesn’t take long to make at all. Its a much healthier way of eating pancakes, and is great for vegetarians/vegans, or people who are gluten intolerant (you just need to swap the milk for your preferred choice, and check that the porridge oats are not rolled in flour beforehand. As ever, there is loads of room for customisation – you can add in blueberries into the mix if you want more fruit, or swap out some of the oat flour for protein powder if you want to. Have fun with this one, and tag me on Instagram (@OTCooks_Eats) if you try it!
Serves 2 (3 pancakes each)
- 1 cup porridge oats
- 1 cup milk (can use almond/soya etc.)
- 1 banana cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Drizzle of honey
- Pour oats into a blender and use a fine milling blade (the flat one with 2 ends rather than 4) to mill them into a flour.
- Add in the milk and the banana chunks and blitz until smooth.
- Once you are happy with the consistency, add in the cinnamon, and blitz again quickly to combine the mixture.
- Melt the coconut oil in the pan over a medium heat. Add in 2 tbsp of the mixture (you can adjust this according to your preferred size), and cook for 2/3 minutes each side, until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve in a stack and top with the raspberries and a drizzle of honey.